Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Post Election Post

I had predicted that we would hold both the House and the Senate. At the moment, I was at least half wrong (UPDATE: 100% wrong). We have definitely lost the House and may yet lose the Senate. Congratulations to the Dems. They win.

While I would have preferred a different outcome I think that there are many benefits that will flow from the outcome we have. In no particular order they are:

1) Lincoln Chaffe is gone and won't be heard from again;
2) Mike Dewine is gone and won't be heard from again;
3) Dems will be forced to show their true colors on National Security issues and my guess is that the electorate won't be amused;
4) Dems will be forced to come up with policy initiatives and my guess is that the electorate won't take kindly to higher taxes and more rights for criminals and terrorists.
5) Our 2008 nominee will not have to overcome the negative coattail effect that might have been produced had the congressional housecleaning not taken place yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment