Monday, June 05, 2017

This and That, Religion of Peace Edition

You will have noticed, upon careful reading, that I have been pointing out the deafening lack of remorse by "moderate" Muslims with respect to the murderous antics of their coreligionists. If Islam ever was the Religion of Peace it can now more accurately be described as the Religion of Pieces given the penchant of so many of its adherents to turn those of whom they do not approve into pieces in various creative ways.

Bombs laden with ball bearings and nails, machetes, knives and even vehicles. Clever those people, eh?

So, wasn't I pleased to come across this this morning.

Well, on second thought, no.  CNN is doing its best to prop up the notion that there are "moderate" adherents to the Religion of Pieces. The ruse didn't last long.

"Note the white police officers leaving before the CNN shot & the Asian officers coming in. They then left after they went off air!"

I wrote yesterday of Roger L. Simon's suggestion on stamping out Islamic terrorists by enlisting the help of Muslim countries. He suggests that those who do not help will be punished with sanctions. I called the idea useless.

You may recall that during his recent trip to Saudi Arabia President Donald J. Trump addressed a meeting of 50 Muslim leaders from the region and exhorted them to become more active in the terror fight.

This morning I read this and I am more hopeful than I was yesterday when I was busy criticizing Mr. Simon.

"Several countries took major moves against Qatar today over its support for terror. Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, and Bahrain severed diplomatic ties, setting off a major crisis in the Middle East."

I would be very happy to have been entirely incorrect in my take on Mr. Simon's proposal.

In another, earlier post on the subject of terrorism, I pointed out that part of the frustration we ordinary people suffer with respect to the policing of these terrorists is the result of the fact that our police and legal systems are obviously not up to the task.

Once again the ring leader was known to the authorities.

"The ex-KFC and London Tube worker, known as Abz, 27, was quizzed by cops over his twisted views before he was gunned down along with his two accomplices down following the depraved assault on Saturday night."

There is, perhaps, a silver lining to this story. The people complaining to the cops about this nut job were Muslims. Could these be the "moderate" Muslims I have been looking for? I hope so and I hope there are many more of them willing to come forward because that will be the best way out of this mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment