Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Transgender Tragedy

I was minding my own business when suddenly confronted with some astonishing "facts".

Men could "become" women and vice versa.

Humans of the same gender could "marry".

Those men who became women and vice versa are now referred to as transgendered.

Here are some facts.

Men cannot become women and women cannot become men.

Men can pretend to be women and women can pretend to be men.

They cannot ever "become" the gender they aspire to in the same way that I cannot "become" Donald Trump. I could dye my hair and put on a hundred pounds and look a lot like Donald Trump but I can never, ever, be Donald Trump. Seems pretty simple to me, but then, as I wrote recently, to me, The David is just a giant statue. Perhaps I am nothing more sophisticated than a contrarian. I am not! (sorry, could not resist)

There are, unfortunately, some real world consequences to being forced to enable the gender fantasies of some unfortunate souls.

This is a tragedy. A boy is being allowed to "compete" with the girls. This is not competition. It is as thoroughly unfair as the legendary doping of female athletes during the Soviet era. Turn athletic women into testosterone fueled athletic women and your team will win a lot of medals.

I stopped paying attention to the Olympics years ago and was surprised to find that the Russians have continued the practice.

So, getting back to our tragedy, authentic girls are being forced to compete against a naturally doped boy.

No doubt you are aware that in most sports the sexes are segregated because boys are, generally, bigger, stronger and faster than women.

Now the unfortunate authentic women are forced to lose so that this arguably deranged and at the very least, incredibly selfish, or clever, boy can force us all to indulge his idiotic fantasy.

Will the athletic scholarship committees at the schools these young women apply to take into account their victimization? One can only hope so, but that hope is a dim one.

The "girl" had this to say after winning a state championship race,

 “It feels really good. I’m really happy to win both titles,” Yearwood of Cromwell High School told the Day after winning at the May 30 meet. “I kind of expected it. I’ve always gotten first, so I expected it to some extent. … I’m really proud of it.”

"I've always gotten first...", yes, of course, those with an unfair advantage usually do.

The girl who won last year had this to say,

 “It’s frustrating,” Hall of Stonington High School told the Courant. “But that’s just the way it is now.”

Unfortunately she appears to be resigned to being relegated to second place by a man.

Sound familiar? 




No comments:

Post a Comment